Benefits of Massage Therapy in Pregnancy+ LEARN MORE
Pregnancy is a time of growth, of uncertainty and a time of change for you, your families and your body. As your body grows, adapts, and changes to support the pregnancy you might find yourself experiencing some discomfort including muscle tightness, various aches and pains, headaches, round ligament pain, swollen calves and feet to name a few… Seeing a registered massage therapist in pregnancy can help alleviate many of these symptoms and help improve your overall health and well-being.
Massage therapy in pregnancy can help:
- Decrease tension and physical discomfort: Prenatal massage targets areas of tension and through various techniques it provides relief and promotes relaxation.
- Enhances circulation for two: Improved blood flow is not only beneficial for your overall health, but it also supports the developing fetus receiving essential nutrients and oxygen.
- Easing stress and anxiety: Pregnancy can be a time of heightened emotions and stress. Prenatal massage releases endorphins, which are known as “feel-good” hormones, helping to alleviate anxiety and improve your overall mood.
- Improving sleep quality: The calming effects of prenatal massage extend beyond the massage table, leading to better sleep patterns and increased energy levels throughout the day.
- Fostering body awareness and posture: As the body undergoes significant changes, maintaining proper posture becomes essential. Prenatal massage can help address postural imbalances while incorporating therapeutic exercise into your treatment plan will ensure you’re feeling strong, mobile and feeling confident about the journey ahead.
- Preparation for labor: Prenatal massage can help the body prepare for childbirth by reducing tension in the pelvic area and promoting relaxation.
- Emotional support: The therapeutic touch of a skilled massage therapist offers emotional support and a sense of well-being during this profound time of transition.
Registered massage therapists are skilled clinicians who are incredible resources to support you throughout your pregnancy. Having an RMT as part of your health care team can support your physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing throughout your pregnancy and beyond. Come see our skilled RMTs at Bump Physio & Co in Port Moody and Langley for all your prenatal massage therapy needs.
Bump Physio & Co is a community of health care providers dedicated to changing the way pelvic health and obstetrical services are delivered. Our two clinics locations are Port Moody and Langley BC, where we treat beyond the Bump and welcome clients from all stages and phases of life. Our team has advanced training in Pelvic Health, Orthopedics, Obstetrics, Clinical Pilates, and Active Rehabilitation.
Please follow us along on our socials @bumpphysio.co keep updated on all that is going on and for more information about how the Bump Community can help YOU!