Registered Physiotherapist, Clinical Pilates Instructor, Clinical Educator
B.Sc. (Kin), BFA, MPT, CAFCI
I graduated from the Master of Physical Therapy program at UBC in 2012 after completing a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance at Simon Fraser University. After experiencing significant pubic symphysis pain during my second pregnancy and both pelvic organ prolapse and incontinence postpartum, I discovered the value of pelvic floor physiotherapy and became motivated to pursue my passion for this area of practice.
As a mother of two young and energetic boys, I truly understand the challenge of self-care while trying to take care of everyone else around you. My treatment philosophy is to address the whole body and the whole person, using a biopsychosocial approach. I have a broad range of experience as a physiotherapist treating orthopaedic and neurological conditions as well as dizziness/vertigo, facial palsies, and chronic/persistent pain. I love incorporating Pilates into my treatments, as it is a fantastic method for training functional core stability, increasing mindfulness and body awareness, and developing a balanced body that will allow you to keep doing the activities you love!
As Clinical Educator, my role is to help keep us all up to date on the most current research and information in order to provide the best possible care to our clients at Bump! I am dedicated to continuing education and have taken numerous courses over the years including:
• Pelvic Floor Level 1 (Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute)
• Level 2 and 3A: Female and Male Pelvic Pain (Pelvic Health Solutions)
• Pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain & the Pelvic Floor
• Bowel and Bladder Treatment of the Client with Neurologic Dysfunction
• The Abdominal Wall After Pregnancy & Diastasis Rectus Abdominus (Diane Lee)
• Levels 1 & 2 STOTT PILATES® Rehab Mat and Reformer
• Certified in Anatomical Acupuncture through Acupuncture Canada